EMPLOYEES' STATE INSURANCE CORPORATION
PANCHDEEP BHAWAN : SARVODAYA NAGAR : KANPUR
Recruitment of Lower Division Clerks
Applications in the prescribed format are invited for filling up following vacancies of Lower Division Clerks in E.S.I.Corporation, Uttar Pradesh Region in the Pay band of Rs. 5200-20200 + GradePay 1900/- plus other allowance as admissible to Central Government employee.
Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes / Other Backward Class / Total
03 /01 / 12 / 16
Out of above, 01 vacancy is reserved for physically handicapped (Hearing impaired) and 03 vacancies are reserved for ex-servicemen on horizontal basis.
Age Limit: Between 18-27 years as on 30.04.2009
RELAXATION IN UPPER AGE LIMIT:-
Category Age Relaxation
Scheduled Caste/Tribe (SC/ST) 5 years
Persons with disdability (PWD) 15 years for SC/ST & 13 years for OBC.
Other Backward Classes (OBC) 3 years
Ex-Servicemen (EXSM) 3 years (in addition to the usual period of service in the
Army, Navy & Air Force subject to a maximum age of 50 years)
Employees of ESIC and Govt. servants with 3 years continuous service.
Upto 45 years age for SC/ST & 43 years for OBC.
i) Higher Secondary pass (pass in 12th standard or equivalent from a recognized board.)
ii) Working knowledge of computer including use of Office Suites and database.
Fee & Mode of Payment:-
A crossed demand Draft/Banker's Cheque issued on or after publication of this
advertisement for Rs. 150/- ( Rupees one hundred fifty only) should be drawn on State Bank of India, Main Branch, Kanpur in favour of Regional Director, E.S.I. Corporation, Kanpur. Payable at Kanpur.
Candidate belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen category and emplyoees of
E.S.I.Corporation are exempted from payment of examination fee.
NOTE:- 1. Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
2. Fee paid by any other mode will not be accepted.
3. Candidates must write his/her name & address on back of the Demand
Scheme of Examination:- The examination consisting of two parts will be held at
Part-I:- The written test will consist of one paper of 200 marks containing 04 parts:
(i) English Language (ii) General Intelligence & General Aptitude (iii) Numerical Aptitude and (iv) General Awareness.
There will be 50 questions in each part, each question carrying one
mark. The questions in all the four parts will be objective type (Multiple choice) ones. The examination will be of 03 (Three ) hours' duration.
:- 2 -:
Part-II: The E.S.I.Corporation reserves the right to admit only that much number of candidatdes as considered necessary for Skill test of knowledge of computer based on the performance of candidates in the Part-I written test.
The candidate has to secure minimum qualifying marks in each part.
How to apply:- The duly filled in application should be sent in a envelope
superscribed "Application for the post of L.D.C.-2009 by Registered post/Speed Post only at the following address:-
" Regional Director,
Regional Office, E.S.I. Corporation,
Panchdeep Bhawan, Sarvodaya Nagar
'"The canidadates applying under OBC category must submit the certificate in
the form to be produced by other backward classes applying for appointment
to the posts under the Government of india. The candidates belonging to
only such castes/communities falling in the central list of the OBC prepared
by Ministry of Social justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India are entitled for
reservation in the services under the Government of India. The candidates
who shall not be submitting the OBC certificate in the proforma prescribed
for appointment to the posts under the Government of india shall not be
considered for reservation under OBC category."
The following documents should be attached with the application form:-
(a) Two copies of recent passport size photogrtaphs duly attested by a Group
"A"/Group "B" /Gazetted Officer with one photograph pasted on the application
(b) Attested copies of certificates and testimonials in proof of age/date of
birth/educational qualification/caste/experience etc.
(c) Attested copy of Community/Status certificate in the prescribed form in respect of
candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen/OBC category issued by
(d) Two self-addresed envlopes of the size 23cms. x 10 cms.
Those candidates who are employed in Govt./Semi-Govt./Autonomous bodies etc.
should send their applcation "through proper channel". However, they may send an
advance copy of their application alongwith attested copies of certificates and testimonials
so as to reach this office on or before the due date.
Note:- The application and the other documents should be arranged in the following order
one below the other and tightly tagged or stapled on the left hand side top corner:
1. Additional photographs.
2. Application form.
3. Attested copies of certificates.
4. Self-addressed envelopes.
The last date for receipt of application form is 30.04.2009
( For candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub-Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands or Lakshdweep, the last date of receipt of application form is 15.05.2009.)
:- 3 -:
1. A candidate should submit one application only. Submission of more than one
application may lead to rejection of all the aplications submitted.
2. Mere submission of application does not confer any right to be called for written test.
3. Application should be submitted in the prescribed Form only. They should be filled up in block/Capital Letters in candidate's own handwriting.
4. Application should be sent in a cover super-scribed "Application for the post of
LDC-2009 by Registered Post/Speed post only so as to reach this office latest by the stipulated date. No application shall be entertained by hand.
5. Incomplete/unsigned applications and applications received without photographs, certified copies of required certificates such as educational qualification, caste/community etc. and those received after the prescribed date for receipt of application will summarily be rejected without any communication to the candidate.
6. Candidates shall generally be considered only against the vacancies available in the State.
7. No TA/DA will be paid to any candidate for appearing in the written test or in Skill test.
8. Wrong declaratrions/submission of false information or any other action contrary to law shall lead to cancellation of the candidature/offer of appointment at any stage.
9. Submission of application does not vest in the candidate any right to be called for written test/offer of appointment.
Caution: Convassing in any form will be a disqualification and shall result in
cancellation of the candidature at any stage.