Challan available from : 01.06.2009
Submission of On-line application commencing on : 01.06.2009
Last date for submission of On-line application : 27.06.2009
Tentative Date of Written Examination : 09.08.2009 [ SUNDAY ]
Name of Post : CLERICAL CADRE
AGE (As on 30.04.2009) : Minimum age : 18 years & Maximum age: 28 years(Applicant’s Date of Birth should not be prior to 01.05.1981 & after 30.04.1991). Also refer Para ‘4’ for relaxation of age.
No. of Posts : 1750
Emoluments : Basic Pay in Time Scale of Rs. 4410 - Rs.13210 + DA, HRA, CCA, Conveyance Allowance. Gratuity, Pension, LFC, Medical Aid etc. as per the Industry Level Settlement & Other facilities as per Bank’s Rules.
Educational Qualifications :
The candidate should possess the following qualifications as on 30.04.2009.
(1) Pass with 50% marks in the aggregate, either in the Higher Secondary School (HSC) Examination or Standard XII under the 10+2+3 pattern or Standard XI under the 11+4 pattern or Intermediate Examination or Pre-University Examination from a recognised Educational Board;
Ex-servicemen who do not possess the above Civil Examination qualifications should have passed, while serving in the Armed forces, with a minimum of 60% marks, any of the following examinations recognized by the Government as equivalent of the Civil Examination of HSC / Pre-University, viz., (i) IAF Educational Test for promotion to the Rank of Corporal Indian University; (ii) Passing Out (Indian Navy) Examination conducted by Boys Training Establishment, Visakhapatnam.
(2) Candidates’ having completed Foundation Course on Computer Awareness & Office Automation for duration of minimum 3 months from a Computer Institute, is desirable. The requirement of having completed the said Course will be waived in case of those candidates having Computer subject as part of the curriculum at the Pre- Degree / Degree level.
(3) Knowledge of Regional Language of a particular State / Union Territory for which candidate apply, is desirable.
(4) The Educational Qualifications prescribed above for the post is the minimum. Candidates must possess the qualifications as on 30.04.2009. If selected for interview they should furnish (1)(a) HSC Passing Certificate and (b) University FINAL DEGREE Passing (CONVOCATION) Certificate. (Provisional Degree Passing Certificate will be accepted only in case of those candidates who have passed the Degree Final Examination during the last 1 year, i.e. between 01.05.2008 and 30.04.2009 and the University has not conferred the Degree on the applicant – Degree Certificate required to grant additional increment / fitment, if eligible) & (2) Year-wise / Semester-wise Mark sheet for each year / semester in respect of the Degree Examinations from the educational institution they have studied, and (3) Computer Course Passing Certificate from a Computer Training Institute in support of having completed the Foundation Course in Computer Awareness.
(5) The Percentage of Marks stipulated for the Educational Qualification is for General (Unreserved) Category Candidates. Candidates belonging to the Reserved Category (SC / ST / OBC / PWD), filling in vacancies reserved for the relevant category, will be entitled to a relaxation of 5% Marks in relation to that stipulated for General Category Candidates. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC / PWD categories filling in “unreserved” vacancies will not be entitled to the above referred relaxation.
The recruitment will be state-wise / union territory-wise as indicated above. A candidate can apply for a vacancy in only one state / union territory and should be willing to be initially posted at any place in that state / Union Territory . Further, he / she will have to appear for the written test from an examination centre specified for that particular state / Union Territory only, as indicated in Para. No.9 below and the examination call letter will be issued accordingly. No change in the state / union territory applied for & / or examination centre will be permitted after submission of the application form.
The final selection will be made on the basis of the candidate’s performance in Written objective test of 300 marks and Personal Interview of 100 Marks. In order to qualify for interview the candidate is required to obtain minimum 40 % marks in each objective test (35% marks for Reserved Category) and 50% marks in all the Objective Tests taken together. (45% marks for Reserved Category).
WRITTEN EXAMINATION / TEST CENTRES :
HYDERABAD 1101, VISAKHAPATNAM 1102, PATNA 1201, BHAGALPUR 1202
CHANDIGARH 1301, RAIPUR 1401, NEW DELHI 1501, PANAJI 1601, AHMEDABAD
1701, VADODARA 1702, CHANDIGARH 1801, CHANDIGARH 1901,
RANCHI 2001 ,JAMSHEDPUR 2002, GIRIDIH 2003, CHANDIGARH 2101, BANGALORE
2201, COCHIN 2301, BHOPAL 2401, INDORE 2402, MUMBAI 2501, PUNE 2502, NAGPUR
2503, LUCKNOW 3601, AGRA 3602, VARANASI 3603, GHAZIABAD 3701, KOLKATA,
JAIPUR 2901, CHENNAI 3001, COIMBATORE 3002
NON-REFUNDABLE APPLICATION FEE & POSTAGE CHARGES -
Applicants are required to submit the application fees, as stated below, for the post applied.
Category of Applicant : Amount of Fees
SC / ST / PWD / Ex-Servicemen : NIL
GEN. / OBC : Rs.250.00
Application fee has to be paid in any of Bank of India Branches by computer-generated challan with specific registration number. Fees in any other mode will not be accepted