Advertisement No. 34/2011
Last date for receipt of application: 22/04/2011
Date of Written Test - 22nd May 2011
ENGAGEMENT AS GRADUATE APPRENTICE ENGINEERS -
MRPL invites applications from only final year Engineering students, graduating in the year 2011 from Engineering Colleges based in Karnataka for engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineers under the Apprentice Act 1961, in the following disciplines as mentioned in table below:
Sr No - 1
Discipline - Chemical
No of Vacancies - 22
Sr No - 2
Discipline - Mechanical
No of Vacancies - 16
Sr No - 3
Discipline - Electrical
No of Vacancies - 12
The mode of selection will be through written test and interview conducted by MRPL.
1) The period of Apprenticeship training would be for one year duration.
2) General candidates should score 60% marks in qualifying degree examination, whereas SC/ST/OBC
candidates must score 50% in qualifying degree examination. Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade
in a degree is awarded, its equivalent percentage of marks must be indicated in the application as
per norm adopted by the University/Institute.
3) For the purpose of eligibility, Percentage of marks should be the aggregate of all semesters i.e.
total marks obtained over total maximum marks of all semesters over the 4 years in the Bachelor’s
4) The short listing of candidate’s clearing the written test/interview of MRPL will be provisional
subject to the candidates obtaining the minimum qualifying percentage as mentioned at Point 2 & 3
above in the engineering degree examination and also subject to passing the medical test at the
company’s Hospital at Mangalore.
5) Stipend payable to the Apprentices shall be `.20,000/ p.m.
6) The place of engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineer will be at MRPL Refinery, Mangalore.
7) The engagement as Graduate Apprentice Engineer is only temporary and shall not lead to
absorption in the company. MRPL does not give any commitment on providing permanent/
temporary employment to Apprentices on successful completion of training period.
8) All other terms and conditions of selection of Apprentices shall be subject to Apprentice Act 1961.
9) The candidates may note that the engagement as Apprentices is subject to registration from Board
of Apprenticeship Training, Chennai.
10) No hostel facility shall be provided during the Apprenticeship. The selected candidates will have to
make their own arrangement for stay.
Interested students studying in final year Engineering in any one of the above mentioned disciplines
and graduating in the year 2011 from one of the Engineering colleges based in Karnataka may send
their application with full details in the format provided below along with recent passport size
photograph and super-scribing the Envelope “Application for Graduate Apprentice Engineer“ within
the last date for receipt of applications to The Chief Manager(Recruitment), Mangalore
Refinery and Petrochemicals Limited, Post Kuthethur, Mangalore-575030.
For Details Visit - http://www.mrpl.co.in/careers_user.php?menu=Careers&mn_no=7