Last date : 14.04.2011 (14th April 2011)
UPSC INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE FOLLOWING POSTS -
1. (Vacancy No.11030601526) Two Fisheries Scientists in the Fishery Survey of India, Mumbai under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying & Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture. Qualifications :
Essential : A. Educational : Master’s Degree in Zoology or Marine Biology or Fisheries Science or Oceanography of a recognized University or equivalent. OR Post-graduate diploma in the Fisheries Science of the Central Institute of Fisheries Education, Mumbai or equivalent.
B. Experience : Three years’ experience in Marine Fisheries of which one year must be practical experience in Sea Fishing. Duties : Participation in fishing cruises and responsible for cruise leadership and collection of requisite data during survey cruises. Preparation of cruise reports and other reports related to operation of the survey vessels. Identification of fish and conducting the biological investigations for qualitative and quantitative assessment of fish stock in time and space.
2. (Vacancy No. 11030602426) Three Assistant Library and Information Officers (General) in National Library, Kolkata, Ministry of Culture. Of the three posts, one post each is reserved for SC & OBC candidates. The posts are also suitable for Physically Handicapped persons with disability viz. Orthopaedically Handicapped /Locomotor disability / Cerebral Palsy (OA or OL affected).
Essential : A. Educational : i) Bachelor’s Degree of a recognized University or equivalent. ii) Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Library Science of a recognized University / Institute or equivalent.
B. Experience : Two years’ experience in a recognized Library or two years’ experience in computerization of a recognized Library or Post Graduate Diploma in computer application from a recognized Institute or equivalent.
Desirable : Master’s Degree in Library Science of a recognized University / Institute or equivalent. Duties : The Assistant Library and Information Officer (General ) will be In-charge of the technical division and responsible for technical and administrative jobs in the division. He/ She will supervise and guide the work of his / her colleagues and recommend plan and policies for promoting readers’ service.
HQ : National Library, Kolkata.
3. (Vacancy No. 11030603226) Four Scientists SB(Electrical) in the National Test House, Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. Out of four posts, one post each is reserved for ST & OBC candidates.
Qualifications : Essential : A. Educational : Master’s Degree in Physics(Pure / Applied) / Computer Science or degree in Electrical / Electronics / Computer Science and Engineering / Computer Science and Technology / Telecommunication / Radio Physics of a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Three years’ practical experience in the testing and evaluation of electrical stores / materials / measuring instruments in a recognized laboratory or Institute. Desirable : Research and Development experience in testing and evaluation techniques, material science, quality control, standardization and calibration.
Duties : Scientist SB(Electrical) is overall in charge of the laboratory & assists in purchasing of instruments etc for laboratory. He is also responsible for scrutiny of the samples in the light of prescribed guidelines and authorized to seek any clarification relating to test before making the same to Scientific Officer / Assistant for testing. He is responsible for checking the draft report submitted by Scientific Officer / Assistant and also sign on the final test Report on behalf of D.G. He also assists the Scientist SC in other technical matters.
HQ : All India Service liability ( National Test House Kolkata / Mumbai/ Chennai/ Jaipur /Ghaziabad / Guwahati.
4. (Vacancy No.11030604226) One Scientist SB(Non-Destructive) in National Test House, Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution. Qualifications :
A. Educational : Master’s Degree in Physics(Pure/Applied) or Degree in Mechanical / Metallurgical / Electrical Engineering of a recognized University or equivalent.
B. Experience : Three years’ practical experience in nondestructive / metallographic techniques as employed in testing / evaluation / failure investigation of materials.
Desirable : i) Site incharge Certificate of Radiation from Bhaba Atomic Research Centre level or I/II/III certificate in one or more of non-destructive testing methods from any recognized Society / Institute. ii) Knowledge of welding technology.
Duties : Scientist SB(Non-Destructive) is overall in-charge of the laboratory, assists in purchasing of instruments etc for laboratory. He is also responsible for scrutiny of the samples in the light of prescribed guidelines and authorized to seek any clarification relating to test before marking the same to Scientific Officer / Assistant for testing. He is responsible for checking the draft report submitted by Scientific Officer / Assistant and also signs on the final test Report on behalf of D.G. will also assist the Scientist SC in other technical matters. HQ : National Test House, Kolkata/ Mumbai / Chennai / Jaipur / Ghaziabad / Guwahati. NOTE: 1. Candidates are requested to apply in the format published along with this Advertisement No.06 and NOT write to the Commission for application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below before applying.
2. NATURE OF POST : All posts belong to General Central Service except otherwise mentioned. Post at Item Nos. 1, 2, 3 & 4 are permanent.
3. PAY SCALE & CLASSIFICATION : (Figures in bracket at the end of the pay scale indicate the approx total emoluments(per month) excluding TA and HRA at the minimum of the scale).
a) Rs.15600-39100+Rs.5400 (Grade pay) (T.E. Rs.30,450) Group A Gazetted for the posts at Item No.1 above
b) Rs.9300-34800+ Rs.4600 (Grade pay) (T. E. Rs.20,155) Group B Gazetted for the posts at Item No.2 above
c) Rs.8000-275-13500(T. E. Rs.17680)(Pre-revised) Group A Gazetted for the posts at Item Nos.3 & 4 above.
4. AGE LIMIT AS ON NORMAL CLOSING DATE :
a) Not exceeding 35 years for the posts at Item Nos. 1, 3 & 4
b) Not exceeding 30 years for the posts at Item No.2 N.B. The age limit shown against all Item Nos. is normal age limit. Age is relaxable for SC/ST candidates upto 5 years and upto 3 years for OBC candidates in respect of vacancies reserved for them. A
GE IS ALSO RELAXABLE FOR CENTRAL/UT GOVT SERVANTS UPTO FIVE YEARS AS PER THE INSTRUCTIONS ISSUED BY GOVT OF INDIA FROM TIME TO TIME.
For age concession applicable to other categories of applicants please see relevant paras of the Instructions to Candidates for recruitment by Selection.
NOTE : Candidates with disabilities[ as indicated against Item(s)] can apply to the respective posts even if the post is not reserved for them. However, such candidates will be considered for selection to such post by general standard of merit. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation and other relaxations as permissible under the rules
5. HEADQUARTERS: At places specifically stated against certain posts, otherwise anywhere in India or aboard.
6. PROBATION: The persons selected will be appointed on probation as per rule.
The completed application form must reach to the - Joint Secretary (Recruitment), Union Public Service Commission, Dholpur House, Shahjahan Road, New Delhi-110 069 on or before 14-04-2011
For Details Visit - www.upsc.gov.in