Last Date : 24 November 2011
Exam Date: 22.01.2012 (Sunday).
Applications for the following posts on Direct Recruitment are invited for various posts in the CCI
- Director (Economics) : 01 post, Age Limit : Between 40 to 45 Years
- Joint Director (Economics) : 01 post, Age Limit : Between 35 to 40 Years
- Deputy Director (Law) : 06 posts, Age Limit : 33 Years
- Deputy Director (Financial Analysis) : 01 post, Age Limit : 33 Years
- Deputy Director (Economics) : 11 posts, Age Limit : 33 Years
- Office Manager (Finance & Accounts) : 03 posts, Age Limit : 28 Years
- Office Manager (Corporate Service) : 09 posts, Age Limit : 28 Years
- Office Manager (Library Services) : 01 post, Age Limit : 28 Years
Competition Commission of India (Competition Fund) Account payable at Delhi. No fee is to be paid by SC/ ST/ Women/ PH candidates.
How to Apply : Application in the prescribed format should be send to Deputy Director, Competition Commission of India (CCI), Hindustan Times House, 18-20, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi-110001 on or before 24/11/2011.
Please visit http://www.cci.gov.in/May2011/Employment/DirReq290911.pdf for details and application format.
Mode of Selection
7. All the applications received within the due date will be screened with reference to the minimum educational qualifications and experience criteria.
i. Eligible short listed candidates would be required to appear for a written test likely to be held on 22.01.2012 (Sunday).ii. The selection process would consist of two parts – written test & interview. Out of total 100 marks assigned to the whole selection process, the written test would be for 80 marks and 20 marks would be assigned to interview.
iii. The written examination would be of three hours duration. The test would be to assess the suitability of the candidates as regards analytical ability, interpretation ability, subject knowledge and good writing skills. It will be divided into two parts of 40 marks each. Ist part will be a general paper again divided into two
parts of 20 marks each testing the knowledge of general subjects and comprehension / analytical ability respectively. The other part of 40 marks will be of professional subject of the post for which the candidate has applied.
iv. The Syllabus for professional subjects for various posts is given in Annexure IV.Other instructions regarding written examination and the examination centre etc. will be communicated to the eligible candidates separately along with the Admit Card.
v. Securing a minimum of 45 marks out of a maximum of 80 marks for unreserved category and a minimum of 40 marks out of a maximum of 80 marks for reserved categories in the written test would be the qualifying criteria.
vi. However, depending upon the number of vacancies available, number of candidates to be called for interview would be limited to 5 for single vacancy and thrice the number of vacancies for more than one vacancy, in order of merit for each category of posts