(An autonomous institution of University Grants Commission)
The University Grants Commission (UGC), under section 12CCC of the UGC Act of 1956, established the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 1994 at Bangalore. NAAC assesses and accredits institutions of higher learning, Universities and colleges or one or more of their units.
NAAC is on the lookout for able, enthusiastic personnel for the following post
Number of Posts
16400 – 450 – 20900 – 500 – 22400
*UR, Direct/ Deputation
16400 – 450 – 20900 – 500 – 22400
*UR, Leave Vacancy 3 Years
1) The qualifications, pay scale & service conditions are given as per the existing Bye-Laws of NAAC.
2) Recruitment of above posts will be as per NAAC rules.
3) Reservation of posts will be as per GOI / NAAC rules.
4) Age relaxation in case of candidates in service and / or for exceptional qualifications are as per GOI/NAAC rules. Candidates working in Central/State/Public Sector Undertaking /Autonomous Bodies should send their applications along with dossier for last five years through proper channel. Incomplete applications or applications received after the last date or those not submitted through proper channel for in service candidates will be summarily rejected. The Council reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons thereof. Separate applications should be submitted for each post.
5) The council reserves the right to filling up of all or some of the posts.
6) Applications should be submitted along with attested photocopies of certificates pertaining to relevant educational qualification and experience.
The details regarding the required educational qualification and experience for each post is available on the NAAC web site under “recruitment” head. The details can also be obtained in person from NAAC office at Bangalore before closing date. The information and application format may be downloaded from NAAC website www.naacindia.org. The completed application superscripting the name of the post applied for on the cover should be sent to the Director, NAAC, P.O. Box No 1075, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore – 560 072 by post or courier only. The last date of receipt of applications will be on or before Dt.30/09/2007 by hand or by post.
*UR- Unreserved Category
Name of the Post
Scale of Pay
Rs. 16400 – 450 – 20900 – 500 – 22400
Age for Direct Recruits
Preferably 50 years
Educational & other qualifications required for direct recruits
(i) Distinguished educationist/administrator having good academic record with first or high second class (B+) Masters Degree in the relevant field of study or an equivalent degree of a foreign University
(ii) Either a Doctorate of an Indian or foreign university or published research work of a high standard or an evidence of either of academic and innovative contributions in the field of educational planning, evaluation and administration.
(iii) At least ten years experience of teaching/ conduct and/ or guiding research preferably in educational planning and administration or in a relevant field.
Whether age or educational qualifications prescribed for direct recruits will apply in the case of promotion
Period of probation if any
Two years for direct recruits
Method of recruitment (whether by direct recruitment or by promotion or by deputation) and percentage of the vacancies to be filled by various methods
Direct recruitment /deputation. No percentage fixed. Flexibility as per the need of NAAC
In case of recruitment by promotion/ deputation, grade from which promotion/ deputation is to be made
Officers /academics from State or Central Governments, Universities, Professional and Research Institutions and Bodies
(i) holding analogous post on regular bases
(ii) having eight years of regular service in the post in the pay scale of Rs. 12000-420-18300 or equivalent.
b. Processing qualifications prescribed for direct recruitment in column 5
c. Period of deputation shall ordinarily not to exceed three years and in exceptional cases five years
To provide leadership in various functions related to the assessment and accreditation of institutions. Any other task as may be assigned by the competent authorities.