Reference Union Public Service Commission’s Advertisement No. 20, Item No. 03 published on 28.10.2006 with closing date of receipt of application as 16.11.2006 (23.11.2006 for applicants from remote areas) for recruitment of twenty eight posts of Junior Works Manager (Mechanical) in Ordnance Factory Board, Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence.
Out of 28 posts, 01 post is reserved for Scheduled Caste candidates, 01 post is reserved for Scheduled Tribe candidates, 09 posts are reserved for Other Backward Classes candidates and remaining 17 posts are unreserved. SINCE ALL THESE POSTS ARE TECHNICAL AND SHOP FLOOR OPERATIONS ARE INVOLVED, THESE POSTS ARE NOT IDENTIFIED FOR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED PERSONS IN ORDNANCE FACTORY BOARD ORGANISATION.
The Commission have now decided to conduct a Recruitment Test for filling up of these posts on 16th December, 2007 (Sunday) at the following Centres:-
S. No. Centre Code . BHOPAL 2. CHENNAI 3. DELHI 4. DISPUR 5. JAMMU 6. KOLKATA
7. LUCKNOW 8. MUMBAI 9. PORT BLAIR
The scheme and Syllabus for the Recruitment Test in respect of the above post are as under:-
1. The test will comprise objective type question paper with multiple choice for answers
2. The duration of the test will be 2 hours and the medium of the question paper will be English only.
3.There will be penalty for wrong answers. Every wrong answer will carry a deduction of one-third of the marks assigned to that question. If no answer is marked for a question, there will be no penalty for that question.
4. The respective weightage of the Written-Test and the interview will be as decided by the Commission
5. The Syllabus for the test shall cover the following broad areas: Statics and Dynamics, Kinematics and Dynamics of Machines, Machine Design, Mechanics of Solids, Production Technology, Manufacturing Science including Machine Tools, Metrology, Industrial Engineering, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning. The level of the question paper will be generally that of the B.E programme of Indian Universities.
Note: INTIMATION ABOUT TIME AND VENUE OF THE RECRUITMENT TEST WILL BE COMMUNICATED TO THE CANDIDATES IN DUE COURSE.