EXAMINATION NOTICE NO. 02/2012-CDS-I DATED : 29.10.2011
Last Date : 28-November-2011
COMBINED DEFENCE SERVICES EXAMINATION (I), 2012
[INCLUDING SSC WOMEN (NON-TECHNICAL) COURSE]
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will conduct the Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) (I), 2012 on 12th February, 2012 for admission to Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy amd Air force Academy and Officers Training Academy, Chennai for the cources (Men and Women.
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun : 250 posts
- Naval Academy, Goa : 40 posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad : 32 posts
- Officers Training Academy , Chennai : 175 posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women) : 30 posts
Conditions of Eligibility
(A) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status:
- For Indian Millitary Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January 1994 only are eligible.
- For Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC Naval wing 'C' certificate holders) and not later than 1st January 1994 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy : Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January 1994 only are eligible.
- For Officers' Training Academy - (SSC Course for Men) : Male candidates (Unmarried or Married) born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January 1994 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy - SSC (Women Non- Technical) Course : (a) Unmarried Women, issue less widows who have not remarried, and issue less divorcees (in possession of divorcee documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
- For Indian Millitary Academy and Officers' Training Academy : Degree of a recognised university or equivalent.
- For Naval Academy : B.Sc. (with Physics & Mathematics ) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognised university (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
- Candidates who are studying in final year Degree Course and yet to pass final year degree examination or equivalent examination can also apply for the Examination, but they will be required to submit proof of passing the Degree Examination or equivalent examination by the specified dates.
CENTRES OF EXAMINATION : The Examination will be held at the following Centres :
AGARTALA, GANGTOK, PANAJI (GOA),AHMEDABAD, HYDERABAD, PATNA,AIZWAL, IMPHAL, PORT BLAIR,ALLAHABAD, ITANAGAR, RAIPUR, BANGALORE, JAIPUR, RANCHI,
BAREILLY, JAMMU, SAMBALPUR, BHOPAL, JORHAT, SHILLONG,CHANDIGARH, KOCHI , SHIMLA, CHENNAI, KOHIMA, SRINAGAR,CUTTACK, KOLKATA, THIRUVANANDEHRADUN, LUCKNOW, THAPURAM,DELHI, MADURAI, TIRUPATI,
DHARWAD, MUMBAI, UDAIPUR, DISPUR, NAGPUR, VISHAKHAPATNAM
Fee : Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100/- either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI or by using Visa/
Master Credit/ Debit Card..
How to Apply : Candidate must apply online at http://upsconline.nic.in/ up to 28/11/2011 11.59 pm.
Complete details and other information are available at the commission website at http://upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2012/cds1/cds1_2012_eng.pdf OR please see Employment News / Hindi Rozgar Samachar Paper dated 29-October-2011 to 04-November-2011